If you've just started using Business version of G Suite together with Team Drives, you need to add the members of your team to the Team Drive first. We will briefly explain how to do it.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- Access to Administration Console
- Email addresses of the people you want to add
- Note: You can only add people with Google accounts to a Team Drive.
HOW DO YOU DO IT?
- Open your Drive
- Go to Team Drives
- Choose the Team Drive you want to add members to
- Click on “+Add Members”
- Add members
- After you have added the members, click on “Send”
- Find the Team Drive creation section and make sure that the “Prevent users in your domain from creating new Team Drives” box is not checked.
After you do that, set up whether you want to have it ON for everyone or just for some users.
If you want to allow this only for certain users, click on the OU (Organisational unit) on the left side for which you want to allow this policy.
If you want to allow it for everyone, go to Apps - G Suite and click on three dots on the right and then check Drive and Docs:
And that's it! If you are still experiencing difficulties, don't hesitate to contact us here.