After your employee left it is needed to take care of the data that remained and also of the messages that come into his/her mailbox.
The following steps will solve the account security including a two-phase authorization and mobile devices. We described below the process how to not lose an email communication of the employee who left and we also took care of the frequent requirement for a data transfer, especially emails and documents on Google Drive.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
Your credentials for the admin account.
WHEN AN EMPLOYEE IS LEAVING IT IS NECESSARY TO RESOLVES
- data backup
- change of the data ownership on Google Drive
- transfer of employee emails to another email account
- editing in the admin console
WE RECOMMEND A FOLLOWING PROCESS
- Account renaming to another email address (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Removing aliases that were created during the renaming.
- Adding the aliases to a person who was appointed by the head of department
- Transfer the documents to a person who appointed by the head of department
- Migration of emails to another person
- Pause/ delete account
If we want to transfer documents, we use a service for an ownership of documents transfer to a new employee.
We transfer the emails using a migration tool in a Google Workspace administration.
Take the steps above as a template and adjust that as needed in your company.
If you are still experiencing difficulties don't hesitate to contact us here.