Required permissions: Google Meet host (moderator) or co-host
Note: Available for Google Workspace Essentials, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Nonprofits and Education Plus as well as G Suite Business customers, Teaching and Learning upgrade
- Create a new Google Calendar event.
- Click Add Google Meet video conferencing.
- Add participants.
- Click Change conference settings .
- On the left, click Breakout rooms .
- Choose the number of breakout rooms, then choose an option:
Drag participants into different rooms.
Enter names directly into a room.
Click Shuffle to mix the groups.
- Click Save.
For setting an existing meeting please see HERE.