Required permissions: Google Meet host (moderator) or co-host
Note: Available for Google Workspace Essentials, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Nonprofits and Education Plus as well as G Suite Business customers, Teaching and Learning upgrade
So far Moderators could use breakout rooms to divide participants into smaller groups during video calls.
You can now set up break rooms ahead of meeting right in Google Calendar to avoid losing valuable time setting up breakout rooms during the call.
Create breakout rooms in advance on Google Calendar
In calendar.google.com choose:
- Create a new Google Calendar event.
- Click Add Google Meet video conferencing.
- Add participants.
- Click Change conference settings .
- On the left, click Breakout rooms .
- Choose the number of breakout rooms, then choose an option:
Drag participants into different rooms.
Enter names directly into a room.
Click Shuffle to mix the groups.
- Click Save.
For setting an existing meeting please see HERE.