Required permissions: Google calendar account
Note: Only you should know the Secret address for your calendar. Do not share this address with other people. If you accidentally shared your calendar's Secret address, click Reset to create a new Secret address.
You can get your Google Calendar events with other computer applications, like Outlook.
Sync or view your calendar
There are two ways to view your Google Calendar in another calendar application. You can add your calendar to view in another application, and some applications will also let you edit events.
Get your calendar (view only)
If your calendar application doesn't have a full sync option, or if you want a read-only view of one calendar, you can sync your calendar to the application using a link to iCal.
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings and then Settings.
- On the left panel, under “Settings for my calendars,” click the name of the calendar you want to use.
- Click Integrate calendar.
- In the "Secret address in iCal format" section, copy the link.
- Paste the link as directed by your other calendar application.
Sync your Google Calendar (view & edit)
With some calendar applications, you can sync your calendar using your Google Account. This means you can add and edit events from either Google Calendar or your other application.
- Open your other calendar application.
- Look for an option to add another account. This might be in "Settings" or "Preferences."
- Use “Sign in with Google” to start the process of giving access to your Google Account. If you use 2-step verification with your account, you'll have to enter an app password.
- Follow the steps to add your Google Account.