Required permissions: Admin
Note: This change will take up to 24 hours to take effect.
Occasionally, you may delete a user from your Google Workspace, but then you will realize that you have forgotten to back up the user's data or there may be another reason why the user will need to be restored. You can restore your user account up to 20 days after you delete it. After 20 days the data is gone and Google Workspace support cannot recover it either.
You must be logged in as ato perform this task. super administrator
- On the Admin Console home page, go to Users.
- Above the list of users, click Add filter and select Recently Deleted.
- Hover over the user you want to restore and click Refresh .
- Review the notification and click Continue.
- Select the organizational unit to which you want to assign users.
Learn how the organizational structure works.
- Click Refresh.
If a user was previously paused or their data was transferred, it will appear as a paused user. To give them access, see Restoring a suspended user.
You cannot restore a user if ...
- More than 20 days have passed since the user account was deleted.
- A username has been assigned to someone else as a primary address or email alias - or if the username is used for a group.
- You do not have a user license available.