There are new search operators in Google Drive to make finding shared files easier. You can still perform all the same searches, just the operators you'll use for them may change. The specific changes are:
- “from:” will now return files shared with you by the specified email address. Previously, it would have returned files owned by that email address.
- "to:” will now return files that you have shared with the specified email address. Previously, it would have returned all files that the email address had permissions to view, comment, or edit.
- “sharedwith:” is a new search operator which will return files that the specified email address owns or has permission to view, comment or edit.
- “owner:” returns files owned by the specified email address. There is no change to this operator, but you can use it to return the results you would previously have used the “from:” operator for.
- Searches for from: and to: will not return files that were shared prior to February 2021
- Vault admins have been notified separately about their changes.